Roy has been involved with Chinese tourism since 1996 and developing tourism business in and with China since 2002. He enjoys world-wide reputation as a leading expert on luxury and independent retail, tourism and hospitality sectors in China.
It is common knowledge that business in China stands or falls based on who you partner with, regardless of how brilliant your product may be. This is why we recommend that you only work with reliable and reputable partners. To enable this, we will assist you in building relationships for a sustainable and robust China growth strategy.
Roy has over 18 years of tourism industry experience in business development, marketing, distribution, sales and e-commerce. From 2002-2005 he was tasked with the full scale development of independent travel business in China on behalf of Gullivers Travel Associates (Since 2012, owned by Kuoni). During that time he developed excellent relationships with leaders of the Chinese tourism sector and build a strong reputation for excellence and cultural awareness. He is a fluent Mandarin Chinese speaker and student of Chinese philosophy, literature and poetry.
As Managing Director of ChinaContact, Roy works with national and regional tourism promotion boards, luxury hotel chains, high-end tour operators, technology companies, retailers and event companies on strategies and implementation of China market access. He offers is own personal experience and facilitates introductions to high-level executives, senior officials and media publishers in China.
- Short Bio:Roy has over 18 years of tourism industry experience in business development, marketing, distribution, sales and e-commerce.
- 11/03/2014, 8:30 - 12:00 China-Ready Certification Programme
- 07/03/2014, 18:30 China Edge Fashion Sales Social
- 28/11/2013, 10:15 Launch of the China-Ready Programme
- 28/11/2013, 08:30 Launch of the China-Ready Programme
- 03/07/2013, 08:30 China Edge Annual Conference on Chinese High Net Worth Customers
- 11/06/2013, 19:00 New Chinese Independent Traveller
- 11/06/2013, 08:30 Engage with Chinese Tourists